The Race To Solar program was offered by HEET in 2014. HEET will let the public know if the program is offered again in the future.
Through the Race to Solar program, eligible nonprofits can acquire a solar electric energy system for their school, house of worship, food pantry, community center, or other building owned by their nonprofit organization.
A solar investor will own, repair and insure the panels, selling the green electricity back to your nonprofit at a rate typically lower than the organization currently pays the utility company.
The Race to Solar will help 40 nonprofits get solar installed, totaling 1 megawatt of clean, renewable energy in our communities. Through reducing the sales and marketing costs for the installer, HEET has secured a great rate and contract with SunBug Solar.
To qualify for the program your nonprofit must:
- 1. Participate in Eversource’s Direct Install energy upgrade in your nonprofit.
- The no-cost energy evaluation can be scheduled at your convenience. The assessor will create a report of the potential work for you to choose from. The work is 70% rebated and the remainder can be paid with a zero interest 12 month loan. The work lowers the electricity bill by 30% on average.
- 2. Persuade 5 small local businesses to get a no-cost energy evaluation.
- This work helps your whole community become more sustainable both economically and environmentally. HEET will assist you in signing up the businesses.
- 3. Join a free energy-tracking online site.
- Tracking with wegowise will help you quantify your savings and can help you spot future problems with your plumbing or heating systems before the problems become catastrophic.
For more information about the program contact info at HEETma.org or call 617-HEET-350.