HEET recommends HomeWorks Energy for residents to get no-cost home energy-assessments.
The no-cost home energy assessment will:
• Install efficient lighting and programmable thermostats to reduce your electricity and heating bills.
• Install low-flow water efficiency devices that reduce your water bill.
- • Sign you up for rebates such as adding insulation or upgrading common-area lighting in apartment buildings.
- • Enable you to get rebated “air-sealing” work in the basement that can reduce or stop your need for an exterminator. (Spray foam was originally invented to stop mice and rats from getting into a home).
- • Check the heating system for combustion safety.
Why pay more?
If you get electricity from Eversource, National Grid, or Western Mass Electric, you already pay for these assessments through a surcharge on your energy bills. You’ve probably been paying for the service for years. You might as well use it.