The Honest Book isn’t like other energy-saving books.
Most do-it-yourself books about saving energy are written for the entire country. They pretend that a task like installing an efficient heating system is just as important in Florida as it is in Massachusetts—that it will save the same amount of energy in both places.
Specific to New England
The Honest Book is more accurate. It tells you the most effective energy-saving tasks for New England’s weather, energy use, and buildings.
Award-winning HEET has worked in hundreds of buildings from tiny homes to historic churches, teaching over 3,000 volunteers hands-on skills in energy efficiency. We know how to explain these tasks in clear, simple language.
The book contains:
• The 45 most effective do-it-yourself tasks
• Clear step-by-step directions
• Accurate energy-saving estimates
• More than 250 photos
• Tasks for renters
• Links to the needed materials
• The 14 most effective professional tasks
• A checklist for finding a good contractor
• Information on how to check that the job was done right
• State-by-state list of utility rebates & free services
The Honest Book is grant-subsidized. All versions are only $9.99.
We are a grassroots non-profit. The Honest Book proceeds help us save more energy.
Buy The Honest Book
PDF • Kindle • iPad • Mac